The proven and effective voice of organized American Jewry for more than half a century, the Conference of Presidents of Major American Jewish Organizations Fund advances the interests of the American Jewish community, sustains broad-based support for Israel and addresses the critical concerns facing world Jewry. The Conference is at the forefront mobilizing support to halt Iran’s nuclear program and to counter the global campaign to delegitimize Israel and the Jewish people.
The Conference is the preeminent forum where diverse segments of the Jewish community come together in mutual respect to deliberate vital national and international issues. Recognizing that common interests and goals far outweigh differences, the Conference sets policy and priorities, deliberates proactive strategies and takes collective action. Maximizing community resources, expertise, and energy enables the Conference’s remarkable achievements.
The Conference of Presidents Fund also is in the vanguard of engaging America’s leaders and the public to:
- advance the U.S.-Israel special relationship, bolster Israel’s security and prosperity and promote prospects for true and lasting peace in the Middle East;
- reinforce links between Jews worldwide, aid endangered Jewish communities and fight anti-Semitism;
- combat terrorism at home and abroad, strengthen domestic security and safeguard American Jewish institutions;
- build support at the United Nations and end the anti-Israel bias;
- defend human rights of Jews and others and build ties to Arab and Muslim countries;
- build cooperation and coalitions with diverse ethnic, religious and civic groups and other sectors of American society;
- foster international cooperation and promote U.S. national interests.